Hello friends! I am here in Pune, and yes I am going to attend Pycon, an annual conference for Python developers and open source enthusiasts.
Lets talk about Pune first! Pune, which used to be a military base in the time when Britishers used to rule over the city, is no different than that time. Now people’s dream and a continuous will to achieve a goal rules over them. I found Pune a very lively and energetic city. Although if you are a foodie, you may have to struggle for sometime. I found it quiet difficult to get an affordable place to have lunch and dinner. I also have two companions on this trip and we walked for around 2 kms today but didn’t find a single suitable and affordable place to eat.
so if you ever visit Pune, keep these things in mind-
- Keep home packaged food with you, in case you don’t find an affordable place to eat nearby.
- A tech hub. If you dream to work for an MNC, the possibilities are you will end up having your office in Pune.
- Weird names of places. Today we were introduced with names like Mandhwa, Ghorpadi, Tuptani Vatsi etc.
- Pune is full of amazing skyscrapers. I was totally amazed by their architecture.
- Pune is a city of huge malls(as compared to Indore). If you are a middle class person like me, you can roam inside the malls for hours.
- Traffic! You will have to face traffic all the time. Literally, all the time, a lot of people were rushing to reach their destination. Whenever I walked outside of my hotel, I always found traffic.
- Its a clean city. I saw a man threw garbage on the footpath. Immediately, two citizens scolded him for it. That was something Indorians should learn.
Its really hard to imagine the place where I stand in front of other Python developers who are going to attend the conference with us tomorrow. I am totally a noob in Programming. But I know I will learn a lot in this conference and I am very much excited about the conference.